Don-Rick Insurance has been protecting our customers since 1970. Servicing our accounts is what we do best!
We offer protection for all of the following:
• Farmowners Coverage
• Farm Umbrellas
• Workers Compensation
• Farm Auto
• Livestock Protection
• Farm Pollution Liability
• Crop Insurance through a trusted partner
• Health, Life, and Disability Income
Check our services page for more details
Our Mission Statement:
To offer "old-fashioned" service and "custom-tailored" coverage at an affordable price. We are not out to "buy" our customers for a year on just price; we are out to "earn" and retain our customers with the combination of price, product, and service.
"Don-Rick Insurance - a dedicated team whose aim has always been on servicing our growing needs. As all facets of business insurance become more complicated in their administration, we look to Don-Rick for their expertise."
- Chuck Adami, equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
"Ed spend a lot of time reviewing my farm coverage and takes my business very serious. He did a great job explaining the insurance to me."
- Frank Heijmans, Heijmans Family Dairy
About Ed Kothbauer
I was born and raised on a beef and grain farm in Buffalo County. I grew up with a wrench in my hand as mom and dad also had a farm equipment business.
My first sale to a farmer, at age seven, was a 10' disk for $400 (dad helped a little). I grew up the youngest of six kids which taught me both family values and survival of the fittest.
I followed up my "on the farm, real-life education" with a degree in Economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison".
My upbringing, when combined with my education, provides me with the ability to analyze your individual farm's risks and valuations, and then provide a package tailored just for you.
• Ambassador for the Baraboo Area Chamber of Commerce
• Wisconsin Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association
• Wisconsin Farmers Union
• Professional Insurance Agents of Wisconsin
Services and Products
Custom tailored protection to fit your needs.
• Immediate and effective response to claims
• We have several carriers that we can compare your insurance program with.
• We are an independent agency. We are not on the payroll of an insurance company, we work for you!
• Dedicated department to specialize in farms! I have the background and knowledge to get you the coverage that you need to protect the things you have worked for.
• Access to NADA guide for farm equipment values.
• Access to Marshall and Swift/Boeckh software for accurate building valuation.
• Customer service is our number one priority. Our customers are our business!
• Today's farms are major businesses - we treat them as such.
• FREE annual review of all your coverages - making sure you are completely covered.
• Protection for collapse from the weight of ice and snow is available and suggested! It's often overlooked.
• Blanket farm personal property coverage is available for livestock, equipment, and feed.
Contact Ed Kothbauer
Don-Rick Insurance, Inc
313 Oak D St
Baraboo, WI 53913
Phone: 608-356-6606 ext 129
1-800-924-6536 ext 129